Cybersecurity Course Materials
CyberWatch West collaborated with George Mason University’s Center for Infrastructure Protection and Homeland Security in the creation of a beginning course in critical infrastructure cybersecurity, suitable for undergraduate students with a basic understanding of network and computer security.
I edited and project-managed the online publication of the course materials, which included
- 11 Microsoft PowerPoint presentations, with instructor notes
- Suggested reading assignments, mainly from government documents in the public domain
- Hands-on activities, such as using a simulator to learn packet capture, setting up the Department of Homeland Security’s CSET risk assessment tool, and installing a digital certificate
- A series of team assignments that culminate in a final presentation
- 150 assessment questions (answer key available to instructors upon request)
I also supported the creation and publication of seven course modules developed by the C5 Project’s Cybersecurity Instructional Materials team.